Grooming Services Available:
Full Body Clip (sedation required in most cases, to be administered by a vet) - $120
Mane Pull (with braid-over if necessary)-$30
Trim (bridle path,muzzle,ears,fetlocks)-$20
Please contact me for appointments & do not hesitate to ask if you have any questions,
At the Back Gate Equestrian Services
EC Level 1 coach
To Whom It May Concern:
My name is Ben van der Valk. I am an experienced farrier who recently moved to Squamish. I am now servicing the Sea to Sky Corridor as well as the Lower Mainland with farrier and blacksmithing services.
I founded my business, Western Valley Forge and Farrier, in 2009. I have successfully operated my business in Fernie and Bridge Lake, BC before recently moving to Squamish. My education includes completing the Equine Sciences program at the University of Guelph, the Farrier Sciences program at the Canadian School of Horseshoeing, and Wilderness Guide Outfitting Training.
My extensive experience in horsemanship includes working as a wilderness horseback guide for over eight years in BC and Alberta, wrangling, and working with young horses, untrained horses, and horses with behavioral problems as well as colt-starting. I am passionate about horses and am eager to build my business in the surrounding area. My clients will affirm that I am dependable, extremely hard-working, very capable at my craft, and trustworthy.
The well-being of your horse is of the upmost importance to me. My commitment to you is to listen carefully to your goals, keep your horse happy, and provide the best care possible to your horse.
I welcome the opportunity to meet with you to discuss the specific needs you have for your horse. I’m also pleased to provide references as required. Thank you for your consideration.
Ben van der Valk
Pemberton - Squamish - Horse Boarding
Special winter boarding rate at the only facility in Squamish with a covered arena!
Come join us at Rojo Pez Ranch for a beautiful winter riding inside. This year, there's no need to lose conditioning and valuable training time due to poor weather and frozen, dangerous footing. We are offering a special monthly rate of $450 for the 2009/2010 winter. A limited number of monthly arena memberships are also available for purchase.
For the horse:
- Individual mud-free paddocks, with pea-gravel footing (for healthy hooves) and attached 12 X 12 in/out shelters to retire to at night
- Good quality hay and grain and individualized feeding programs. Four hay feedings a day, grain twice a day if needed
- Blankets on-and-off
- Experienced, on-site caregiver who stays current on equine health and nutrition issues
- A resident “horse grandmother” to dole out apples, carrots and scratches (if allowed, of course!)
For the human:
- Pick up a coffee in Brackendale and you’ll be here before you finish it (about a 14 minute drive)
- Heated tack room, individual lockers, washroom facilities and a cute cabin with microwave, drinking water and shady porch to relax on after you ride
- A beautiful nearby river beach and unlimited mountain trails
- Membership to ride in Squamish’s ONLY covered arena – a 70 X 165 Cover-All with mountain views and great sand footing. It's perfect in the winter! Your outside coach is welcome too.
- A very friendly, private, relaxed, small (max. 10 boarders), "non-denominational" barn on 25 acres where respect for the horse and healthy, natural living conditions are the first priorities. No politics, no drama - just great natural horse care and happy owners.
- Join in our on-going, weekly horsemanship drop-in session if you like, for free!
For more information contact Lauren at (604) 898-6630, or theLfraser@gmail.com
RIVERLANDS EQUESTRIAN FACILITY & FARM (KUVERA CAPITAL LTD)
7998 Pemberton Meadows Road
Pemberton, BC V0N 2L0
World Class Equestrian Facilities conveniently located just 30 minutes drive north of Whistler. We offer a range of full-boarding options to suit your horse’s needs and a menu of complimentary services. Clients wishing to improve their riding can take regular instruction with Equine Canada Certified Coaches and have the opportunity to participate in regularly scheduled clinics with High Performance Coaches and Trainers. First Class Services and Fun in a friendly, professional atmosphere! Call us today to arrange a visit...
Sea to Sky distributor of Woody Pet Professional Horse Bedding
High quality, home grown Horse Hay – choose from a variety of blends
Happy to make deliveries throughout the Sea to Sky corridor
Tanglewood Riding Facility (Fraser Road) Continue your training program during the winter season in a relaxed and supportive multi-discipline 70x160 fully lit indoor arena. A limited number of ride/trailer-in memberships available $150/month. Interested in learning to ride or want to improve your riding skills? Basic dressage instruction is available on your horse or a school horse.
Contact Carmen Stacey 604 894-5730
var _gaq = _gaq || ;
ga.src = ('https:' == document.location.protocol ? 'https://ssl' : 'http://www') + '.google-analytics.com/ga.js';
var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script'); s.parentNode.insertBefore(ga, s);